Monday, April 18, 2011

Casualty of the night

A Greek colleague parked on the street and wisely didn't drive home.  I picked her up the next to bring her back to her Jeep.  Much to our surprise her Jeep was egged overnight.  
This is very upsetting and very, very surprising.  I park my car on the street 3 or 4 nights a week and I've never had anything done to it.  I live in an Emirati neighborhood.  (In this neighborhood the people in my apartment building are the poor western trash compared to sprawling villas we are surrounded by us... in other words, this is not the neighborhood where one would expect this.)

2 comments:

  1. It was actually worse than it looks.
    First, washed it at ADNOC. Then myself manually cleaned it with sponge, soap, and plenty of water for 3 hours...
    Its a pretty bad experience (if you include the washing part).
    Selini

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you had let me know. I would have suggested you bring it back here and have our watchmen wash it. He loves any opportunity to make an extra dirham.

    In this country there is such an excess supply of manual labor that I would never spend 3 hours cleaning my car when I know there is someone who would be *happy* to do it for Dh 50 (probably less, but I always overpay.)

    I am very sorry this happened to your Jeep. My car is parked on the street tonight as it is 3-4 nights per week. I've never had anything like this happen and I'm very sorry it happened while you were at my place.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete