Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas 2011 trip over...

Highlights:

  • Unbelievably nice weather with many days over 40.  It made me try to forget horrible Iowa winters of the past.
  • A really nice Christmas with my family.  That's not a given in my family so it was a nice surprise.
  • Ten days of seeing friends for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Some days it was two lunches.  I was on course for gaining 20 pounds on this trip until...
  • A nasty cold took me out with a week left in the trip.  I cancelled on several friends and just felt miserable.  For a couple of days I had lost my voice to the point of not being able to talk on the phone.  
  • I proudly caucused for Santorum; anything to promote crazy in a party that doesn't need much help.


I'm now in the O'hare business class lounge - although, unfortunately, I didn't get the bump up to business class.    The free beer and chips before the flight will have to make up for it.

You can track the flight here:
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ETD150/history/20120105/0155Z/KORD/OMAA

If all goes well I'll be back in my apartment in 18 hours.  OK... that just depressed me.  Yeesh, sometimes I wonder why I chose to live so far away.

Oh, that's right, it was better than selling AFLAC.

1 comment:

  1. "anything to promote crazy in a party that doesn't need much help." I love this line! Well said my friend. Ha ha ha! Welcome back to Al-Ain.

    ReplyDelete