Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hotel in Doha

I'd like to post a picture of how small my hotel room is in Doha but it's too small to take a picture that will do it justice.  The check-in experience is part of why my blood pressure has risen since moving to the middle east:

Steve:  I would like to check-in.
Clerk:  Mr. Kranz it says you booked a room for two people for two nights.
Steve:  That must be the default for Expedia.  There will only be one person.

After getting my information:
Clerk:  Now, Mr. Kranz, can you give me the information about the second guest?

I asked for a room as high as possible and I got a room on the first floor...

*****
Qatar is - per capita - one of the richest countries in the world.  Given some of the sky scrapers you can see it but seeing the neighborhoods around the city and the many poor streets it doesn't strike me as a super-rich country.  I hope I can post a few pictures after I return to the Emirates tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment