Saturday, July 9, 2011

What I do not look forward to

Every three years a worker-bee (85% of the population of this country) is required to go to a hospital for a basic physical.  The physical itself doesn't really scare me (although three years ago they found my blood pressure to be too high).  What I don't don't look forward to is spending a day at hospital waiting for one test after another.  A friend took this picture a couple of weeks ago.  Note:  This is the men's section.  Heaven forbid men and women mix in a hospital.

Supposedly, for Dh 100 ($27) you can bypass all of the lines.  I'd happily pay a multiple of that if it is true.

So my paying $27 gets me to budge ahead of people (99% of the people in the picture above) who can't afford it.  Where's the good liberal in me?  I'll have to make it up somewhere because three years ago this experience from almost made me want to get on a plane back to the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment