Friday, July 15, 2011

It's gonna be a hot one...

I worked summer school in 2009 and Iowa had the best July in history.  The highest high was only 83!  So I live in Iowa for 40 years and miss the one really awesome July.  Many of friends assumed the weather was good because I was not home.  Well, this July I'm also not home and the weather has not been great and the forecast for the next week is a scorcher.  I've watched these forecast models for 30 years (going back to the TV show AM Weather on PBS at 6:45 in the morning).  I've never seen a map that looked like this:
It's gonna be a hot one.

I have been smiling the whole time I've been writing this post.  If it's gonna be this hot in Iowa I'm happy to be the (hotter, but dry heat) UAE making money.

1 comment:

  1. Know what I thought while reading your last line? Come on home kiddo and I'll wipe that smile right off your face. Love ya

    ReplyDelete