Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston tragedy

I've been following the events for four hours and it is really, really time for me to go to bed.

A right-wing crazy friend of mine on FB posted this
Ah, and once again where the Muslim Community is given an opportunity to decry this cowardly act which took the lives of innocents and 8 year old girls, instead at best, crickets, and at worst, the shouts of praise from the bombers' fellow muslims.
But yeah, most Muslims are peaceful and hate this sort of thing right?  Right?
This is a guy who graduated from my HS with zero friends.  I was relentless from Jr. High on making fun of him because he's as despicable a human being as I have ever met.  I accepted his friend request on FB as a "Seriously?"  and I've enjoyed just seeing how crazy he could be.

I, of course, had to respond:

Speaking as a Christian raised not very far from you (and now living in the Muslim world) I have to say you are such an amazing piece of shit.

*******
This tragic event happened late at night in the middle east.  There is NO official reaction from anyone with any authority here.  I very much hope the person who did this was not Arab or Muslim.  I think the right-wing crazies (like the guy I quoted above) are just scared this is one of their own.

2 comments:

  1. I NEED to know how he responded to your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been able to go back to his post since then... Maybe I will be able stomach it in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete