Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Nepal update

I think... think... I may have taken a few of the best pictures of my life last night while on a mountain ridge looking up at the Himalayas. I have to wait to download them back in the emirates to be sure. They were valuable enough that I paid a ridiculous fee to have them copied onto a flash drive and gave them to my Nepali friend Sanjaya for safe keeping. (My propensity to lose things is simply too high.) Today Sanjaya took me by motorcycle around the Pokhara valley - to see where he teaches and to see where he calls home. The world for Nepali's is so different from where I'm from that my head is constantly spinning. To see the "real life" unfiltered and non-touristy was a great gift. I feel so lucky for the experience and the trust he has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment