Thursday, November 3, 2011

The on again, off again trip to Nepal...

...is back on.

I booked the ticket over a month ago.  On Tuesday they told us we had to be back to work next Wednesday.  I changed my ticket.  Many had package vacations they changed that cost them thousands of dollars.  Most of my colleagues said, "Screw it.  I'm not changing my plans."

Late today we were told, "We changed our mind again.  You get all of next week off."

I changed my ticket again.  It will cost me $500 more BUT I'll be flying back in business class and get a chauffeur to drive me 90 miles back from the airport to my home.

In the fiasco my travelling companions understandably gave up.

*******
Ann and Mike are also going to Nepal but they are headed to an orphanage.  I'm giving money and carrying clothes for the orphans but I'm headed to Pokhara - a resort that I loved last year.  Depending on how much time they spend with the orphans they may join me in Pokhara.

If anyone wants a Nepal t-shirt like the one below leave a comment or contact me on FB.  And let me know what color you want:  Black, grey, hunter green or deep blue.
If there's anything you want from Nepal let me know.  I will have several days on my own so I'll have plenty of time to shop.

4 comments:

  1. Steve, do you know the size range (i.e., I like 'em big and would like a 3x)? And what is the cost (I'd send extra for postage/shipping). P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sizes are pretty much American. I wear XL and the Nepali XL is a tiny bit smaller than XL in the US. (For Indian made clothes I am XXXL or XXXXL...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something I would like as a sleep remedy but I don't dare ask you to pick it up, I think. Wishing you a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve, if you can find that t-shirt in a 3X, I would love one. Black, blue, red.....not fussy. Same with long or short sleeves.

    ReplyDelete