Thursday, July 27, 2023

Ginseng

 

In 1994 I got into taking supplements. Of which, my favorite was #Ginseng. I took it religiously. I gave it to my friends. It gave me energy. This is awesome!

Two years later my mentor wanted to hire me to teach a class at #CoeCollege as an #adjunct. Yay! I replied.

"One condition," he said, "stop taking ginseng."

"Huh?" I replied,

"Dude, since you started taking ginseng you have been walking around with a semi at all times and YOU HAVE ONE RIGHT NOW."

He was, of course, correct. 

To say I love my mentor is an understatement. I'd have given my life for him without hesitation. I also had zero attraction to him so the fact I had a semi when it's just us talking in his office... yeah, time to stop taking ginseng. 

I'm now 54 - pretty much the age Doc was when he gave me that advice. I want to see what ginseng does for me now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment