Wednesday, April 26, 2023

 My German friend Lukas sent me this:

And he wanted my opinion. First thought?  Nothing in this chart surprises except how low the Nepali and Bangladeshi Americans are... Trust me as someone who is really close to people from both countries... they are the hardest working people I've ever met. So when they do this survey again in 10 years? They will have moved up.

Who will not have moved up? My fellow white Americans. Donald Trump was elected President because white Americans have this incredible sense of entitlement and the others are out to get us. With that mindset their is no hope for my fellow anglo-saxon, white, cis-gender guys like me... so I guess I should get my shotgun and shoot up Bud Light because they had the audacity to have a transgender promote their product. 

Or I have to be an adult and recognize that this experiment of democracy that we call America requires us to accept that we are not all the same. America is not a melting pot, it's a stew. When my fellow Americans get that? We are all better off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment