Monday, May 1, 2023

 I am Steven Merlon Kranz for a reason. My parents Joyce nnd Merlon Kranz decided they liked they liked the name and then had four other children. By the tine Mom got pregnant with me abortion wasn't legal, Mom liked to smoke and drink and sonehow the pregrancy tests came back negative. 

To say I'm an accident is understatement. Mom literally said to me, "If abortion was legal you wouldn't be here, kid."

Reminder, I was her favorite. 

In the Arab world having your father's name as your middle name is the highest form of respect. To an Arab I am not Steve Kranz I am Steven Merlon. I get that and respect that... but I didn't respect my Dad until our trip to my niece's wedding. 

The moment when two men can clear the air and basically say "Fuck you" to each other it's an awesome moment... and I almost broke down on that trip because of complicated relationship with Dad.... and then I remembered Sunny's relationship with his father. (They are both str8... easier)

Anyhow, I am really good at what I do... Sunny is the man I wish I had the courage to have come out to earlier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment