Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Spring break: New York, Seattle and Iowa

Two years ago I went with a group of students to a Model United Nations in Vancouver, Canada.  On that trip was a Moroccan student I talked about in the post below and an Emirati named Mansour.  Due to a hotel snafu we were not given enough rooms for the students so one student had to share a room with me.  Mansour drew the short straw.  Over the course of the ten days in Vancouver Mansour became a friend and over the past two years he's become a close friend.

Last spring he applied for an internship at Boeing.  I helped him write the application and coached him for the interview.  He was not selected.  He applied again this fall and was selected.  From January to July he will be in Seattle interning at Boeing.

San Francisco is at the top of my list of cities in the US I have wanted to visit but haven't.  Seattle is a close second.
And you know what's amazing?  Assuming Yousef gets into NYU I can fly from the Emirates to New York, spend 5-6 days there, head to Seattle, spend 5-6 days there, and have a few days left for Iowa... all for the low, low price of $1700!  Oh, wait, that probably doesn't sound like a bargain.  Trust me, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment