Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Headlines to wake up to

The first thing I do when I wake is check my phone to read the headlines.  Today's made my day:

"Warring GOP factions sink John Boehner Plan"

I like Ezra Klein's question:  Is Ted Cruz a sleeper agent for the Democrats.  Nobody has helped my side more than Ted Cruz.  As the Obamacare rollout has been a disaster the press could have been covering that, but instead it's been shutdown/debt ceiling talk 24/7.  So it is humorously ironic that the shutdown intended to defund Obamacare actually caused its approval ratings to go up while masking it's initial failure.

Long live Ted Cruz!

The other headline I liked waking up to was on my birthday:  The news that Larry Summers withdrew from consideration as Fed Chair.  Summers gave Obama bad advice at the start of his term.  Rather than address the most serious financial crisis since the Great Depression he steered Obama towards painting a rosy picture and a stimulus that was way too small. Also, the Fed requires a political skill that everyone - even his admirers - say Summers lacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment