Thursday, October 17, 2013

Knock, knock, knock?

I don't know who was there.

At 5AM I awoke to three loud knocks.  I thought maybe it was part of a dream.  Three knocks came again.  I yelled, "Who is it?"  As I started to climb again I heard three knocks again. Not accustomed to visitors at this time of the morning I stumbled out of bed to the front door yelling, "Just a minute!"

At the front door nobody was there.

Needless to say, there was no going back to sleep.

******
Unrelated, the spookiest thing that has happened in my apartment fortunately occurred in broad daylight:  A couple of years ago I was getting ready to head into work.  As I was walking towards the front door it opened.  Nobody was there.  I said to no one in particular, "If I weren't in a hurry to get to work this would really freak me out."  I'm happy that's never happened again.

2 comments:

  1. This would freak me out. I have been watching way too many paranormal activity shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If something creepy like that happens to me, I always say, "nice!" out loud. You know, so if it was a ghost, it knows that I appreciate the effort to scare me.

    ReplyDelete