Monday, July 29, 2013

The joys(?) of Facebook

I traveled to Singapore alone.  While there I met with two different friends of friends... people who knew I was headed to Singapore and connected me to people they knew there.  (Those two meetings were my only two good meals - see post below.)

While in Singapore I had a data package and was regularly updating on FB and talking with friends via What's App.  I may have been traveling alone but I certainly didn't feel alone.

At the Singapore Zoo I was amazed by the giant aquarium and was happy to get this shot of a fish about to swim into my head.  The reaction on FB?  My so-called friends thought I looked like an ax-murderer.

One of my friend-of-friends suggested this almond flavored shaved ice dessert.  Now I must admit it does not look good in the picture but it didn't look this bad when we ate it. It tasted good and had a bizarre quality of not melting in the heat.

How did my "friends" on FB react?

One wrote, "A turtle shit what?"

Others compared it to dirty snow, lint from the dryer. and mold.

On the positive side several friends noticed I have lost weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment