Wednesday, October 17, 2012

An indecent proposal

I have lived in this apartment for four years.  Tonight I took my second walk in the neighborhood.  A block from my house I was approached by a guy with low English skills.  I quickly realized he was offering sex.  At first I thought he was offering himself but then he quickly said, "I bring Fillipina."

So I was dealing with a pimp.

I have often said that I will stay here as long as it remains interesting and I see new things.  Being solicited 200 yards from my house definitely rates as interesting.

And I wish I could express how unbelievable this is:  I live on the outskirts of town... I can see the open desert from my tiny balcony.  The number of cars that pass in front of my place in a day are counted by the dozens, not the hundreds or thousands.

In other words, it's not quite as rural as where I grew up but it's the next best thing.  I'm pretty sure Newhall, Iowa, doesn't have any pimps.

No comments:

Post a Comment