Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A huge paycut

Today my boss called me in to say, "Due to new university rules we can't pay you for your work at the entrepreneurship center."  That's a $13,600 pay cut.  

Ouch.

I am not crying because:  
  1. I still make good money.
  2. There are some other things in the pipeline that could really payoff (see post below).
  3. There might be a way to still make this payoff - not as well, but if I can still be paid for the "teaching" part of the entrepreneurship center and, hey, get to go to a conference somewhere cool that might justify the work.
  4. The center is stressful and time consuming.  Teaching is not.  If I have to fall back to "just teaching" I'm pretty OK with that.
My friend and co-director Dan has pretty much decided to choose option #4.  

No comments:

Post a Comment