Monday, October 8, 2012

A month without Ambien

I last took an Ambien on my flight back here on September 4.  I fell asleep over Canadian airspace and woke up over Turkey.  In other words, I slept for more than half of the 14 hour flight. It doesn't get any better than that!

The transition here was not as good:  I woke up at 4AM for the entire week after I came back.

Falling asleep was not a problem, however, so yippee!

For a month I had no problems falling asleep and dared to wonder, "Is my need for Ambien over?"  On Friday night I was awake until 4AM.  I would have taken an Ambien but since it was the weekend I told myself, "You have no excuse, you can sleep in."

One month has been nice.  It's the longest I've gone without an Ambien since it was first prescribed back in 2004.  I plan to hold out for as long as I can but it seems I've fallen back to the pattern of sleeplessness I know oh, so well.

1 comment: