Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Returning to the Emirates

I came.  I saw.  I ate everything I saw.

I am returning to the Emirates 15-20 pounds heavier than when I left.  On this gluttony tour of duty I left no sausage (wurst) in Germany behind or BLT or fried potatoes in the US to waste.  I took it all for the team.

For my flight back today I hope I am held up by VP candidate Paul Ryan flying in and out of Cedar Rapids at around the time my plane is supposed to take off.  I asked for an earlier flight to Atlanta but they (Delta) wouldn't do it.

Assuming all goes well, this should be a decent flight:  Cedar Rapids to Atlanta, couple of hours layover and then a direct flight to Dubai.

Cedar Rapids to Atlanta:
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL5068

Atlanta to Dubai:
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL8

When you go to bed tonight I will be on the plane and I'll still  be on it until 11AM Iowa time tomorrow.  It's just under 14 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting your flights. You know I'll be watching. Safe travels Steve!

    ReplyDelete