Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Facebook birthday by the numbers

This year 172 posted birthday wishes on my FB wall.  Last year it was 175.  In 2010 it was 116 and in 2009 it was 54 posts

Trust me I don't keep these stats I just had to look them up and the reason was not vanity.

The reason?  I pretty much only check FB on mobile - phone or iPad.  On mobile you don't see birthdays so I know I have missed most of my friends' birthdays over the past year.  I would have expected the number of "Happy birthdays!" to be way lower this year and I am surprised they were not.

*****
My friend Travis made me think of this when he posted on the cupcake picture below that he felt bad he had forgotten my birthday.  I suspect he missed it because he, too, only sees FB on mobile.

(Never mind that I know his birthday - May 13 - and that it is the same day as Sandy's anniversary...  It's no big deal; I'm just a better friend.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Steve... What a good Iowa-Lutheran-boy you are... Guilt, guilt, guilt... You hoot me. :D

    Smooches,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete