Wednesday, March 21, 2012

No joy in my world

What's worse than realizing you can't travel to Egypt because the friend you wanted as a tour guide went crazy?  It's having the friend go crazy and then be told that your package trip is non-refundable.

It's been a tough week.  I normally teach with a lot of energy but this week I had none.  It's easy to pass this off as jet lag but really the problem is a sense of betrayal.

Tonight I had friends over for fudge.  I bought a ridiculous amount of fudge when I was in Canada and tonight I shared it.  Of the group here about a half-dozen have been to Egypt before and they all said, "Go.  You can hire guides from the hotels.  Just go."

So I guess I will.

2 comments:

  1. Steve, the beginning of your post made me sad. But somehow, you had me laughing when you typed, "Tonight I had friends over for fudge."

    Please have fun in Egypt!

    --Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to hearing from you
    cuz your post really bothers me especially when it is something sad

    ReplyDelete