Sunday, March 18, 2012

The future is hard to know in advance

Pretty much nothing on the trip to Canada went according to plan.  In the end I lost a close friend because he decided that getting revenge on another person was more valuable than our friendship.  That has made me incredibly sad.  This is the same person I was going to Egypt with next week.  Now my Egypt plans are cancelled and I will most likely be returning to Nepal.

I am completely gobsmacked at the series of events of the past week.  My former close friend is on a warpath that - if he continues - could destroy several people's lives, including me.  Anyone can say something nasty in the heat of the moment but what's playing out here over days is cold and calculating.  I could have never predicted things could get this bad and I have no idea how much worse they will get.

Even if the matter dies here I mourn the loss of a good friend.  Given his actions - and the lack of remorse for how much pain he's caused - I have to step away.

Sad. Sad. Sad.

1 comment: