Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Party 2011

At 1:30 AM the guests from Christmas Party 2011 have left.  It was a great party in that anytime you can get 30+ people to show up and bring great food you have had a good night.

Ann helped with most of the prep work:

I don't think I'm the only American to have a fascination with the Greeks.  To have Greek friends at my party bringing an awesome quiche-like dish?
 OK, my photo doesn't do this anything close to justice.  The couple here are standing in front of the there quiche-like dish and the home-made Greek bread to go with it.  "Phenomenal" is all I can say.

Canadian friends brought mulled wine and intricate Christmas cookies.

This is my favorite picture of the night.  My Singaporean neighbors dressed their daughter in a winter coat to walk her the 60 feet from my apartment to their apartment.

As I made fun of them my friend said, "She's from Singapore.  Her blood is not used to this cold."  The temperature was 65.

******
I love to throw a party.  I've said before that I much prefer to throw a party than to go to one.  The Christmas Party 2011 was a notable party: Over the course of the evening 30+ came, so in total numbers it was a success.  I am amazed at the people who went out of their way to say to me, "I will be there" and then didn't show.  I've never had so many nationalities at one party.  I think I may have topped 20 nationalities.   That's a huge plus in my book, but when the Spanish speaking South Americans started greeting/arguing with the Greek/Italian guests?  Yeesh, I felt bad for my neighbors.

I don't have many gifts.  Teaching is one.  Planning and throwing a party is another.

I'm happy that I have to come to know my gifts and limitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment