Thursday, July 18, 2024

On a lighter note...

The post following this one is a sad tale...

So before that one here is a lighter story. Dakota Crosswhite is Doc & Donna Spellman's youngest adopted daughter. In 2007 she was crowned Miss Teen Iowa. Here is a news story from the time:



My story is from a decade earlier. Doc was dropping 1st grade Dakota off at school when a boy said to her, "I think I am going to steal your ball."

Dakota's immediate response, "I think I'm going to kick your ass."

With a teacher overhearing the interaction, Doc had to move Dakota away and try to explain how she shouldn't say things like that...

...but deep down he was beaming with pride. He loved her fierce independence.

*****
Dakota doesn't knows me as "Mr. Tater Tot" man. Once I babysat the kids. I offered to make Tater-Tot Casserole. I had run it by Doc... well turns out, the only thing the girls liked about it was the tater-tots. Doc knew they would hate it but thought it would be fun to see me try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment