Wednesday, August 16, 2023

2023 Fall

 More important than anything you will learn in this class: Know who you'd take a bullet for, who you'd take a punch for, who you'd be willing to defend in public and who you'd walk away.

I am a lucky man because I have dozens of friends who love me. I'm not being bragging; it's true.

The reason they love me is simple: I have never lied to them. 

Am I capable of lying? Yeah, play poker with me... I know how to lie.

But I don't with my friends... it's just that simple. 

I lived for many years as a guy pretending to be someone he wasn't. In my early 20's I realized, "Yeah, this isn't working." So I moved to the 100% honesty model. 

It's not for everyone. Trust me, I've lost friends by being 100% honest. 

But that's OK. My world is not made better by "friends" who are my friend because I tell them what they want to hear. I want the friend to tell me what s/he really thinks. 

My friend Mohamed Saleh is a guy who:

1. Phenomenal athlete

2. Phenomenal entrepreneur

3. Close friend

I admire people who are gifted. Gifted at piano, science, sport, whatever. 

I'm gifted at storytelling and moderately gifted at all things tech. 

For me to return to UAEU and teach the capstone course (to students who had 3 years ago for the intro course) is kinda a dream come true. I love seeing how students have matured from when I saw them at the entry level. 


No comments:

Post a Comment