Sunday, March 10, 2013

A bad week for friends

A friend studied and studied for the GMAT - the test to get into an MBA program.  When he took the exam he scored way below where he should have scored... so far below it is ridiculous.  It reminded me of a college friend who would have been a great lawyer but also scored ridiculously low on the LSAT.  It's too bad these standardized tests carry so much weight.

Another friend was fired after 11 years of faithful service to his company.  Having been there I know what he's going through.  As if the act of being fired is not bad enough, having to explain it over and over again to friends is just plain awful.  In my case I would meet people a year later and they would ask for an explanation.  I gave it and received the response, "That's what I had heard but I assumed there had to be more to it."  No, not really, people get fired for ridiculous things while the mildly incompetent can muddle through for years and years.

Another friend learned that a loved-one's terminal illness is nearing the end.  

If bad news comes in the three's I had my three last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment