Thursday, December 20, 2012

Be like Mike!

My friends Mike and Dawn love going to Vegas. They go almost every year and I think there have been years where they have gone more than once. They go other places, too, but they really like Vegas so they keep going back.

There's nothing wrong with that... Go where you know you will have a good time.

So I have NO IDEA why booking a trip to Nepal was so hard for me. I felt like it is a waste somehow given that I have never visited Beirut, Cairo, Thailand, etc.

And what makes it even dumber to get worked up?  I booked using airline miles. So the flight cost $40 in taxes and fees.

Anyhow, I am in Kathmandu. It is different than previous trips - 1. Cold, 2. It is low season for tourists.  I wanted to experience low season. So far it's not been good but I am looking forward to going to the (warmer) resort town of Pokhara tomorrow. Visiting my friend Sanjaya will be nice.

Traveling on narrow mountain pass roads on the last day of earth's existence may not be so wise...

No comments:

Post a Comment