Saturday, November 3, 2012

Random campaign thoughts

First, the humorous:  Republican blogs and the Hannity Forum turned it up to 11 when they heard that Romney was up by 4 points in Pennsylvania.  (Pennsylvania is not considered a battleground.)  So Romney is winning a state that was considered safe for Obama!?! Wow!!

The real story?  The poll is two weeks old and was a Republican internal poll.  Not much to see here folks but it was nice to shine a glimmer of hope for them.

Second, there's a line from the first debate that haunts me.  In discussing health care proposals Romney said his plan covered pre-existing conditions.  The problem is that his plan doesn't.  It only covers pre-existing conditions if you have been continuously covered.

Why does this bother me so much?  Romney's attempt to appear moderate may actually convince someone who - like me - has pre-existing conditions to vote for him because Romney implied there is no difference.  Under Romney's plan I will not be able to buy insurance.  Under Obamacare I will be able to buy insurance in 2014.

There are lies and then there are cynical, terribly hurtful lies.  Telling 90% of those with pre-existing conditions that they will be covered when they won't is...  is...

I guess I don't have a word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment