Friday, June 7, 2013

International Day

One of the reasons I love living here.


Today I had a group of friends over for brunch.  In this picture there is an American, a Canadian, an Australian, a New Zealander and mother/daughter Brits.

I left them in my apartment to continue having a good time as I met up with with two Afghani students for lunch.  (I didn't mean to schedule both on the same day.)  I wish I had a picture from that but suffice to say it was the hottest lunch I've ever had - over 100 degrees where we were eating.

Later I met up with two Pakistani guys who often cut my hair/shave.  Today was supposed to be a day off - I had planned to take them up the nearby mountain, but their boss decided today was not a day off.

And tonight I've been talking with a friend from Egypt.

A day spent with people from seven different countries?

It would be 8 if I included a brief conversation on FB with my Sanjaya in Nepal.

*****
In my conversation with Abdelrahman (the Egyptian) we were discussing how much people change or don't change.  I honestly don't think I've changed that much even though the idea of coming here scared the shit out of me.  That was fear of the unknown.  I'd like to think I'm still pretty much the same person but with new experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment