Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Only Serious Lego Players need to read this post

I'm cross posting from something I put on FB tonight:
This week I met a guy (an American, no less) whose resume includes "Master Trainer for Serious Lego Players."  I have no idea what was said for the rest of the meeting because I was fixated on the thought, "How does one get a certification like that and what does it really mean?"
This meeting was for my new job and the guy was trying to sell me his services.  In the course of the meeting he brilliantly displayed his credentials, which included "Chief Innovation Officer" for three companies in addition to his Master Training Lego title.  The guy really wanted to establish street corporate cred.

I really enjoy training and recently volunteered for a new slew of workshops.  The problem is that I don't like many people I've met in the profession.  I feel bile rising in my throat and I find myself restrained from saying what I am thinking, "Wow!  You are a quite large piece of excrement!"

In high school I read every self-help book I could get my hands on (I know, what a shocker!).  Years later I concluded that they made me a better person by realizing that a large part of them in BS.  I guess I'm drawn to the profession because I believe training (like teaching) can be helpful... unfortunately, in both professions there are too many people who would be better suited selling used cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment