Thursday, February 9, 2012

The calm before the storm

My Fall 2011 semester just ended and next week is the start of the spring semester.  

And for me, the big question is whether or not I can attract 80 - 100 students to sign up for an extra-curricular entrepreneurship certificate.  The kickoff event is next Tuesday - the third day of classes for the new semester.  It was a risky choice to go that early in the semester and I might regret it.

I know I am worrying about things that are beyond my control *and* I've worked out backup plans if there is a failure.  Regardless, I'm losing sleep over this.

The funny thing:  I know my Dean gave me this job as a "thank you" for not leaving.  He set expectations low to make me feel comfortable.  I'm getting course release and a higher salary.  It's all good.  

IT'S ALL GOOD!

I have to keep repeating this to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment