Monday, August 6, 2012

Flight to Germany

I'm sitting in the lounge with two hours to kill before they start boarding my flight.  There were no lines at check-in, security or immigration.  I have never been processed so quickly!

My normal flight tracking website isn't working so well so I am trying a different one.  This is kinda cool:  If you click on this it should show all flights by Etihad.  I am leaving at 5PM CDT Monday and arriving in Frankfurt at 2AM.

http://flightaware.com/live/fleet/ETD

My friend Lukas is meeting me at the airport.  I will do a sight-seeing tour of Frankfurt on Tuesday.  On Wednesday we're headed to southern Germany by train to see the region where he grew up.  At the end of the week we are headed to the central part of Germany to see where my Great-Great-Grandfather came from.  Lukas has already contacted a woman there who knows all the local residents of the small town.  If there are any Kranz or Werning families there I'm sure she'll be able to point the way.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear check in went smoothly. Can't wait to hear about your Germany adventures. Komm gut nach Hause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip Steve! See you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete