Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A first: It's warmer in Cedar Rapids

At this moment - 11PM on September 22nd - it is actually 1 degree warmer in Cedar Rapids than it is in Al Ain. It's 2PM in Cedar Rapids and the forecast for the next week is much better for them than it is for us in the desert.... Regardless, I had to document the moment.

Stop muttering, "Geek!" I can hear you.

Now I have to go outside and experience the cooler weather.

*****
Update: I stood on my tiny deck and shook out my carpet full of sand on the neighbor's car below. It was a satisfying moment as the cats she feed have been killing birds and leaving them in our stairwell for the past year. They also use our stairwell as a litterbox... which is odd since I live in the largest sandbox in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment