Sunday, January 27, 2013

To post or not to post?

Today I was proctoring a test for statistics on the women's campus.  Proctoring exams is as boring as life gets.  I'd rather watch grass grow.  Fortunately, in the room above us there was a piano and we were serenaded for most of the two hours.

During the two hours of the test I checked FB several times.  A male student (not in my room since I am on the female campus) took pictures of his answers to the test and posted them.

I am aware that cheating here is on a level we just can't comprehend in the US... but 8 pictures on Facebook with your answers to every question???

The piano serenade and the pictures posted to FB with both firsts for me.  I can't turn the guy in because he smartly deleted them.  He will be taking MY final on Tuesday.  I will certainly drop him a note that says, "Don't even think of touching your phone during this test.  I saw your stats test on Sunday."

3 comments:

  1. Bold! So did he have them up just for the duration of the exam?

    ~Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I should have done a screen shot on my phone. By the time I got home he had taken them down. I would say the proctors at his exam were lazy since they missed him taking pictures of his test but tonight I missed a kid in an accounting exam who had an elaborate cheat sheet on the backside of his calculator.

    And, hey, thanks for reading. I think I'm down to you and Longwell checking the blog once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once and a while? I read this shit like the newspaper.

    Hey did you read my response to your post about the club (jan 17th I think). If not, can you weigh in? It's been sticking with me.

    ~Matt

    ReplyDelete