Thursday, January 17, 2013

Member of the club

So does having no friends early in childhood make a person develop a life-long desire to join "clubs"?

I flock like a moth to flame to any company that offers a club. It is why I signed up for the Etihad club and paid $500 for the privilege even though I had never flown Etihad before!

Sometimes my club fetish doesn't work out so well... like spending $200 to join a restaurant club where I didn't really like the restaurant.

But I'd say the Etihad club has paid off.  First, the trip to Nepal was free.  In less than two years I have accumulated enough miles to make 9 round-trip flights to Nepal for free.  So even if I quit the club today I'm ahead.

The best part?  I love the lounges.  Airports suck.  The food is way overpriced and the alcohol is insanely over-priced.  (I paid $13 for a beer at the Dubai airport.)  Being part of the Etihad club means free food/beer/wine.  Plus free wifi.  I don't fly much but that's an incredible perk.

1 comment:

  1. That looks so much like the chick from Firefly!

    Or Homeland for you unprivileged, not in the know folk.

    ~Matt

    ReplyDelete