Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Don't know how to title this post

Here's what I've been pondering:
"Epic fail"
"Unbelievable"
"I'll take 'Holy Shit' for $100, Alex."

*****
I coordinate the principles of management course. Simply put, I write the common syllabus, make sure everyone has the materials and write the final.  A week ago I completed the final.  Two completely different sets of questions made into four versions.  (All part of my methods to reduce cheating.)  I was feeling soooo good about myself...

Yesterday, I had a conversation that, well... This is what I said to a new colleague:  "So you are telling me you didn't cover 1/3 of the material for this course?"

What I wanted to say scream was, "What the f*#k have you been doing for the past 15 weeks?"

I am sick.  I'm not sick because *I* will get in any serious trouble over this, because I won't.  I am sick because... I don't know.  I take my job seriously?  I think what we do has value and it should be done right?

Here's what I said to the group of my fellow teachers:  "It's good thing we are not in medicine because this would be malpractice."

I have been in the field of education most of my adult life.  I can't think of any similar situation where a person simply didn't teach the course.  There's anger and rage building in me as I write this and I can feel myself losing what few, precious hairs I have left on my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment