Friday, November 28, 2008

Borrowed human resource model

I love that phrase. 

The next time you hire someone to do something you could do but don’t want to do say, “I’m using the borrowed human resource model…”

The phrase explains why I’m living in a country with 80% ex-patriots and 20% native Emiraties.  The Emirates have been able to afford to hire labor – including me – from other countries to do the work that locals are not willing/able to do.

In the unlikely event that one of my superiors is reading this, let me say that I love my job and I like turtles.

Anyhow, 50% of the population of this country is from India.  Indians do everything from pumping my gas to installing my internet to handling my bank transactions.  Fifty percent!

One of my colleagues is doing research on the effect of Indian repatriation.  As India’s economy grows Indians living here may decide it is time to move back home.  What impact will that have on the Emirates?  I’m completely fascinated by his research. 

1 comment:

  1. Hei... I read your information from begining to the end and I think that is interesting information.. I think i will tell this information again to my friend and I hope this information will be usefull for them... oh yes I suggest you to check Executive Search Firms India on my site www.mavenworkforce.com , I hope the Information on my site will be usefull for you..and we can share each other. thank you... :-)

    ReplyDelete