Monday, March 16, 2009

Homesick

In recent years St. Patrick's Day has become my favorite holiday. After last year's horrible winter it seemed only fitting that St. Patrick's Day was a miserably wet and cloudy 36 degrees.

The forecast for tomorrow is 73 and sunny for Cedar Rapids.

I haven't felt this homesick sick the first week I arrived in August. The only thing that could make this worse is if I was missing March Madness.

D'oh!

One of my friends I see every St. Patrick's Day is my friend Tony (from the next post) who just became a father. We may go an entire year without seeing each other but we always meet up on St. Patrick's Day. Somehow I doubt he'll be able to come out to play this year... assuming he'd like to keep his marriage and testicles intact.

What I won't miss is green beer. I know it's a couple of drops of flavorless food coloring. Trying to drink it makes me gag.

No comments:

Post a Comment