Monday, May 9, 2011

Stuck in the desert

On Saturday I went back to the camel races.  While there I got stuck.  I was alone and couldn't find anyone who spoke English.
The nearest road was 4 miles away and I had no cell reception.  I can't say I was in the middle of nowhere but I did wonder if Jawas would be coming over the hill at some point.

I was only stuck for about an hour.  A guy with a truck designed for driving in the sand came along and pulled me out.  I'm 2-2 in getting stuck and relying on the kindness of strangers to get me out.

Later this week I'll post the pictures from the races.

1 comment:

  1. LOL Steve, I don't know how plausible this is, but maybe letting some air out of your tires would help. This might help http://www.carinsurancelist.com/tips-driving-on-the-beach.htm

    ReplyDelete